The Etekcity Rocket Stove is a cheap but not cheaply made little stove. It’s light weight but heavy duty. More Cliche`s.
Before we start, please take a second and subscribe, we don’t sell emails or collect anything other than the email.
The Etekcity stove is $10.99 on amazon and is a great buy. It consistently boils in around 3 minutes on my tests below. While I didn’t count the boil times during the video, on the video editing I did, and it boiled both times at 3 min 15 seconds or so each time. It’s rated pretty highly at 4.4 stars with 2,230 reviews right now.
Here it is getting some trail use last weekend on what was supposed to be the Donner Trail.
As concluded in the video below: the weight at 2.92 ounces, or 83 Grams. It uses around a quarter ounce per boil on my tests (0.25 ounces or 7 Grams), from 40 degree F water. I used the 100 Gram version of this fuel for the test. I found the wind resistance to be acceptable for this stove, and the efficiency on the Etekcity is just below average. 7 grams of use will get you to 14 boils on a 100 gram canister.
– Its a great price.
– It’s rock solid, except for the ignition.
– It’s easy to take the ignition off, and it takes off a quarter ounce too.
– It’s decently wind resistant. A good strong gust will still put it out, but it’s WAAAY better than the BRS3000T.
– You have to take the Ignition off because they never work.
– The Etekcity isn’t that efficient. My MiniMo gets 20 boils per 100 gram canister.
Any way, the video is below.